On Tuesday March 24th, Governor Charlie Baker directed all non-essential businesses to close down in-person operations. This emergency order will remain in place till Tuesday, April 7th.
COVID-19 has forced us all to take a step back from our busy routines and turn to social distancing. However, all essential service providers must step forward and serve the society in these difficult times.
If you are wondering which businesses are essential, you can check here.
Cape Cod Appliance Repair Service has been designated the essential services status by the Government of Massachusetts, under the Public Works section of this emergency order.
In accordance with the official order, we have decided to keep our operations open to the public during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
We have made this decision after taking extensive measures to ensure the safety of our technicians and our customers by following guidelines and meeting the standards of OSHA, CDC and the Government of Massachusetts.
Here’s How CCAS (Cape Cod Appliance Service) Is Staying Open 24/7 For Our Local Community in Cape Cod During This Pandemic
We understand that all of us are living in unprecedented circumstances, and you need to stay indoors.
However, you will still need repair services if your household appliances break down.
Don’t worry! You can hire Cape Cod Appliance Service for a safe and secure repair job.
Here’s a detailed explanation of all the measures we are taking to ensure the safety of our technicians and our customers during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Ensuring Customer Safety During The Coronavirus Outbreak
Safety of all customers is our top priority during this time. We have implemented the following policies to ensure your well-being;
- Social Distancing: Our staff is trained to maintain their distance at all times from clients. Our technicians will remain 3-6 feet away from you at all times, as per OSHA standards.
- Protective Personal Equipment: To further reinforce your safety, our technicians will be wearing PPE at all times.
- Personal Hygiene: All technicians are required to regularly wash their hands, or disinfect them with a hand-sanitizer. This has helped us maintain great hygiene standards at the workplace.
- Disinfecting Tools: All tools are disinfected and cleaned before and after use.
- Disinfecting Work Surface: The work surface and nearby areas are disinfected and cleaned before and after use.
- No-Contact Payments: We are offering alternate ways for our customers to make payments. We are accepting payments through phone support, emails, and over text invoices.
Educating Our Staff About COVID-19
Knowledge about the coronavirus is extremely important for everyone. COVID-19 is a severe respiratory disease that spreads when an affected person comes in contact with other individuals. As we socialize often, the spread of this virus has been difficult to contain.
This is why we actively educated our staff on how to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Coronavirus spreads from person to person, so social distancing should be practiced.
- All employees must wash their hands regularly, for at least 20 seconds.
- We provided them hand sanitizers, having at least 60% alcohol, to use when they cannot access soap and water.
- All employees were directed to avoid touching their eyes, nose or mouth if their hands aren’t clean.
- Touching other’s phones or equipment is strictly prohibited as it can spread the virus.
- Avoidance of shaking hands or coming in contact with other people was discouraged, as it accelerates the spreading of coronavirus.
- Attending gatherings was prohibited, as it puts everyone at risk of catching the virus.
- Technicians were also trained to maintain a safe distance of at least 3-6 feet when working.
Workplace Safety During Coronavirus Pandemic
Special measures to ensure workplace safety were put in action immediately after guidelines were released by CDC and OSHA.
Here’s how we are keeping our workplace safe to ensure the safety of our technicians and employees;
- Sick Employees: If any employee feels sick, they are encouraged to stay home. They are not required to produce a doctor’s note, considering how medical professionals already have their hands full. In case an employee has someone at home who may have the coronavirus, they are directed to stay home for at least 2 weeks and isolate themselves.
- No In-Person Meetings: All in-person meetings have been cancelled and we are using remote work technology to contact each other. Employees are placed at least 6 feet away from each other. Same social distancing will be practiced at work sites.
- Encouraging Good Habits: We have placed posters on walls for educational purposes and to encourage good workplace habits. Trash cans and tissues have been made available in all sections of the workplace.
- Protective Personal Equipment: PPE refers to equipment that protects against workplace illnesses. This includes masks, gloves, protective suits, etc. All necessary protective personal equipment has been made available to all the technicians.
- Cleaning & Disinfection: Frequently touched surfaces are being cleaned and disinfected regularly to avoid the spread of coronavirus. These surfaces include doorknobs, handrails, workstations, keyboards, etc.
Here’s A List of Services We Are Offering in Cape Cod
- Refrigerator Repair: Did your refrigerator break down? Don’t worry! Give us a call and we will rush right over to fix it for you. We have been offering appliance repair services in Cape Cod and South Shore for over 35 years! Your refrigerator is in good hands with us.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning & Replacement: Lint build up in the dryer vent can limit your dyer’s functionality and increase your electricity bills. In case you need to get your dryer vent cleaned, call us right away for a professional dryer vent cleaning and repair service.
- Washing Machine & Dryer Repair: We are offering washing machine & dryer repair service for a wide range of brands. You can count on us to provide genuine parts and perform a quality repair job.
- Dishwasher Repair: If you’re at home, your dishwasher may get used more often than before. This may increase its chances of breaking down. Don’t wait too long, and give us a call. We will send a technician right away to repair your dishwasher.
- Stove & Oven Repair: You cannot step outside a lot, so you have to cook at home. That may get tricky if your stove or oven breaks down. That’s where we come in. Just give us a call and we will fix your stove or oven in no time, so you can get back to cooking delicious meals.
- Sub Zero Repair: Did your Sub Zero appliance break down? Trust us to provide your genuine parts that come with warranty. We will take good care of your Sub Zero appliance, if you just give us a call.
- Same Day Repair Service: Most of these repairs are of urgent nature. Why wait for days to get your appliance fixed? Book our same day repair service and get your appliance working optimally in no time.
Why Choose Cape Cod Appliance Service?
- Genuine Parts: We have genuine parts for all major brands in stock. We provide our customers with genuine parts to ensure their product’s warranty stays valid. We adopt industry standard procedures for installation of parts, so the warranty of your appliance, or the genuine parts, doesn’t void.
- Wide Variety of Supported Brands: We provide appliance repair service for the largest variety of major brands in the industry.
Here is a list of the brands we service;
- Speed Queen
- Magic Chef
- Fisher & Paykel
- Wolf Appliance
- Summit Appliance & more
We are facing a challenging situation due to the COVID-19 outbreak. That is why we encourage you all to stay home and practice social distancing. If you need our essential services, just give us a call and we will come to your doorstep and fix your appliances. Our technicians take strict measures to ensure your well-being when they enter your premises, so you can trust us to keep you safe.
For any special requests, questions, or price quotes, contact us online, or call us now at (508) 888-2400. Let us serve you responsibly!